Wilde Lake High School Athletic
Standards of Excellence
Athletic participation is an integral part of the total educational experience of student athletes. Athletic participation provides a unique opportunity to promote fellowship, diversity, and the qualities of good citizenship. We believe students must be aware that athletic participation requires a commitment to their team, school, coaches, family and more importantly themselves. Athletic participation is a privilege; not a right. Therefore, all athletes must be aware of the standards that govern athletic participation.
1. Any athlete suspended from school for the possession or use of alcohol, drugs, non-controlled substances, and inhalants will be prohibited from participation in extracurricular activity for 30 school days commencing with the beginning of the students suspension. #BOE 3451.
2. Weapons – For the first violation of this policy the student will be disciplined in accordance with BOE policy 3431. In addition, the student will be ineligible for participation in extra-curricular activities for the remainder of the current athletic season and the next consecutive athletic season.
3. Any athlete suspended from school regardless of the reason will not participate in the next contest without at least one day of practice.
4. Any athlete with an “unexcused” absence from class or school is ineligible to practice or compete that day. Students must be present for a half-day to participate in an athletic activity held that day. (A minimum of three periods).
Exceptions must be approved by the Principal.
5. Any athlete displaying inappropriate conduct may be removed from athletic participation by the school administration.
6. All student – athletes must be legally registered as a student at Wilde Lake High School. Violation of this policy could result in the forfeiture of all contests for the season in which the violation occurred.
7. Hazing cannot and will not be condoned in the athletic program. Hazing is defined by the National Federation of High Schools as “Any humiliating or dangerous activity expected of a student to belong to a group, regardless of their willingness to participate” BOE #3445
Name of Athlete ___________________________________Sport________________
Parent or Guardian _________________________________ Date_______________
Wilde Lake Athlete Data Sheet
Phone ___________________ Sport _________________
Street City State Zip
Section I – Age Requirements of the Student Athlete
Present Age______ Date of Birth____________________
Current Grade _____ In what year did you enter the 9th grade? ______
Section II - Residence Requirements
Do you live with both of your natural parents? Y N
Do your natural parents reside in the Wilde Lake District? Y N
IF THE ANSWERS TO THE TWO QUESTIONS ABOVE ARE BOTH YES PROCEED TO
SECTION III-IF NO , PLEASE ANSWER THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS.
If you are not living with both of your parents, are living with a custodial parent? Y N
Does the custodial parent reside in the Wilde Lake School District Y N
Has there been a change of custody within the past calendar year? Y N
Section III-Enrollment Requirements
What school did you attend last year? Wilde Lake Other___________________________
How many semesters have you attended high school ? 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 8+
Are you a transfer student within the Howard County Public School System? Y N
If yes, from what school ? ____________________________
Are you a legal resident of the Wilde Lake School District? Y N